Friday, January 30, 2009

There's Still Hope

Today I was taking out the withered flowers from the bouquet we brought home from Jana's wake. Bryce came over with his empty milk cup and decided to rearrange all the flowers I was taking out into his cup. "Won't daddy be so surprised that I'm doing this for him!" he says. Later in the day, the two of us were out shoveling and playing in the snow. Bryce decided to play God, and up by the house was heaven, down where I was chipping away at the ice at the bottom of the driveway was earth. "Didn't you have it on your calendar that God was coming today?" he says on one of his trips down to earth. (Now, for those of you who don't know, Spencer is the one who currently wants to be a priest, has been insisting on saying mass everyday, complete with juice in a wine glass and graham crackers broken into the right size pieces. When Spencer wants to say the rosary in the car, Bryce can be found holding onto the cross and swinging the rest of the rosary beads in a circle, as fast as he can get them to go, and as close to Abigail's head as he could come.) When we came inside a little later, don't you know it, all the flowers that Bryce had rearranged into his milk cup had come back to life!
So maybe, just maybe, we may actually have a God-loving florist!
Posted by Picasa